Demanding police reform as a member of Coalition for Police Accountability and Transparency
(1) Pass PrOTECT, a policy that seeks to limit the use of discretionary stops and searches by police;
(2) Discontinue law enforcement responses to low-level and “quality of life” offenses and invest in community-based alternatives to respond to crises by divesting money from police budgets;
(3) Establish an independent community oversight board with investigatory and subpoena powers;
(4) Adopt a robust de-escalation policy; and
(5) Enact strong use of force policies that require officers to intervene when other officers violate that policy.