MoGo has teamed up with Innovations City to launch the Justice Initiative, which provides loans, grants and other business-related resources to formerly incarcerated entrepreneurs in San Diego County who were not able to receive government grants or Paycheck Protection Program funding.
(1) Pass PrOTECT, a policy that seeks to limit the use of discretionary stops and searches by police;
(2) Discontinue law enforcement responses to low-level and "quality of life" offenses and invest in community-based alternatives to respond to crises by divesting money from police budgets;
(3) Establish an independent community oversight board with investigatory and subpoena powers;
(4) Adopt a robust de-escalation policy; and
(5) Enact strong use of force policies that require officers to intervene when other officers violate that policy.
The right to peacefully protest is guaranteed by our Constitution. Every San Diegan should feel safe exercising that right without fear of repercussion or violence.
It is the sworn duty of the police to protect your First Amendment right to protest. If you believe your rights have been violated, report the injustice to MoGo. If you have photo or video evidence of police actions from the protests, send it to email@example.com.
On April 13th, MoGo sent the San Diego Mayor and Chief of Police a demand letter urging them to issue a written order and immediately suspend their sweeps and the ticketing for “quality of life” offenses of persons who are experiencing unsheltered homelessness. Read the demand letter below.